Monday 21 January 2013

I Bought a Fridge!


Well, aren’t I just as pleased as punch. J  Since I moved here, I haven’t actually had a fridge, I’ve just been subsisting on food that doesn’t need refrigeration.  For instance, did you know it’s possible to buy long-life milk in popper sized amounts?  Brill!  But now that I have a fridge, and it’s warming up as we speak, or cooling down as the physics may be, I’ll be able to stock up on some salad ingredients.  Vegetables come at me!

By the way, I didn’t end up going to Aqua Zumba on Thursday. L  I got caught up with some work I was doing and when I looked up it was already 6!  The class started at 6pm, in a drive about 30min away.  So no Aqua Zumba on Thursday, but I am going to AquaAerobics tonight. I swam some more on Saturday, 600m, getting a little faster.  Can’t wait til I can swim 600m without stopping, so then I can add another 100.  Brag, brag, brag!

I also start one of my dance classes tomorrow night.  Excitement plus!

Bonus round: I have gone down a kilo already since I weighed myself last week. J  I have been trying really hard to watch what food choices I am making and counting calories.  (More on that in a later post).  So I don’t know whether it’s the food, or the swimming I am doing, probably a combination of both, but I’m on way to getting fitter and healthier!

3 comments:

  1. One kilo is awesome! I cant believe that you have lived that long without a fridge! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, it would be so hard to live without a fridge. We haven't had an oven to bake in for a few months now and that drives me crazy, but I don't think I could handle not having a fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... If you didn't realise too, JD, it's summer here. So, yes, having no fridge was an interesting experience. :)

    ReplyDelete