Saturday 25 April 2015

25 April 2015

So I went to the doctor's and I was able to get a course of anitbiotics.  My word, they helped a lot!  I can breathe again!!  Yay.  I'm still coughing a fair bit, but it's a lot more manageable now.  I think it's going to be one of those things that's going to hang around for a bit, so I'm going to keep on top of the change between hot and cold air.

Speaking of cold air, I think we're finally getting closer to autumn - finally!  I love Autumn.   Gotta be my favourite month, never mind that in Queensland there's very few places that have a real Autumn.  We don't get that lovely falling leaves, chill in the air, faint scent of woodsmoke at dusk that most places would associate with an Autumn.  Where I am, Brisbane, is just too tropical.  Sad.

Back at work this week, although I'm still not at full health.  Unfortunately, I have to save my sick days for looking after mum.  That and I find it hard to walk away from my job.  There are so many things and projects always going on that it just becomes difficult to wrap things up and leave work for a temporary contract.  So I'm just going to have to try to take it easy and not say 'yes' to every extra project that comes along.  That being said, I have 2 new projects that I'm picking up next month.  I did sign up for them at the start of the year, and I'm really keen on them, so there's really no real way of getting out of them,

I received an email this morning reminding me that in 8 weeks, I'm going to participating in the 14km race that I do every June.  Hmmm... I have not started training for that at all.   And I need to get on that, because this year I want to better my last year's time.  I am aiming for < 2 hours this year!  Yeah!  But in order to do that, I need to run part of the way.  Last year, I didn't really run, unless it was a downhill stretch.  It was after that race, that I started doing seriously (but never finished) Couch 2 5K.  So I think I need to spend some time on that again in order to pick up the momentum of interval running.  If I'm still somewhat unwell and coughing a lot, of course that's going to be a problem, so I will need to progress carefully.

Food?  I'm still eating all over the place.  When I was sick I stopped eating.  Now that I'm on the mend again, my eating seems to have increased again.  Urg,  So annoying.  I also need to go grocery shopping and buy food so I have something to cook with, and eat decently (running low on the fruit and veg!) but I didn't go last night, and today is a public holiday so everything is shut.  So I have to wait until tomorrow.  Tricky.

Lucky I have some pre-cooked meals in the freezer to get me through until then.


No comments:

Post a Comment