Wednesday 1 July 2015

1 July 2015

Quietly entering the spectrum again to try, once more, to get my eating and weight under control, for the benefit of my health.

It's the same old excuses for the same old reasons.  "I don't have time" and then I'm upset that "I don't fit my clothes".

Holidays this week.  Today is a day for getting meals and exercise sorted.

Going to make a meal plan, go the shops and cook what I need & then freeze.  I'm even willing to go a bit further out than my usual shopping centre, so I can buy fruit & vege from the discount barn.

A few weeks ago, I joined a gym, and have been having sessions once a week with a personal trainer.  He's a super muscley, sunbed tan, protein-&-supplements, kind of guy.  Dim, but friendly.  I have already started to slack off from how much I thought I was going to use the gym, so I'm going this afternoon (or evening), for the first time in nearly a week.  I've got a mix of cardio, weights and abs exercises to do.

When it comes to making progress on losing weight, I definitely do better when I am logging food into MFP.  Weighing and logging food is so time consuming, but necessary.  I just wish there was an easier way.  Especially as I cook food in bulk, I'm always having to build the recipe - with no easy way to edit/adapt it.  After nearly two years using MFP (on and off) I still don't know if I'm better off creating my recipes to be 'per 100g' or in bulk and then guessing how many portions I'll get out of it.  :-S  Both seem unnecessarily awkward and time consuming.

Right.
 
Time to stop whinging and do something about it.

Oh, and have lunch,.  Before going grocery shopping.

Cheerio

1 comment:

  1. I have that problem with tracking too. I make something and then cook it which changes the weight a lot and don't make it the same every time... I just guesstimate.

    ReplyDelete