Thursday 23 August 2012

Still feeling under the weather

Well!
This week hasn't seen me travel to the gym, because I've still been a little under the weather.  Sore throat and runny nose.  Still coughing the smallest amount, but that's getting better. 

So instead of going to the gym, I've been taking the opportunity to at least go for a walk.  The weather has been warming up this week, with a possible storm tonight or tomorrow.  Given that I've been working a little later this week, stepping in to consult or work with other areas because so many of our staff are off sick, I've been walking in the evening, which hasn't been all too unpleasent. 

On Tuesday, I walked 7.3 km and tonight was 6.8km.  I probably am not going to make it to my 100km mark by the end of the month.  In only seven days, I'm not going to be able to walk 45 km!  But I still want to keep going and walk as much as I can.  In fact, if the weather's fair tomorrow morning, I want to walk to work. 

I actually thought of this on my Tuesday walk.  Last year, I didn't have a car and I was walking or riding my bike to work as my only form of transport.  This year since my car has been fixed, I've been driving everyday and I know that hasn't helped my activity levels.  So I decided that I would walk on Friday.  I'm also going to try to make it a regular thing.  Monday to Thursday is inconvenient to walk, especially if I plan on going to the gym as soon as I'm well.  Carrying my gym bag as well as my work bag would just be really awkward. 

So, that's it for today.  Hope to update again soon!

-SunnyDuckling

No comments:

Post a Comment