What did I do well today?
- · I exercised this morning, going for a 3km walk
- · I made myself a low-cal omelette – filled with capsicum, cabbage, spinach and mushroom
- · I stuck to my daily calorie goal
What did I not do well today?
- · Getting the living room organised
- · Making a plan for Christmas shopping
- · Meeting my daily 10,000 steps goal
- · Going swimming in the afternoon à not entirely my fault, we had a storm come through this afternoon!
What did I do that was not on the plan and was a distraction from my goal?
- · Start reading a library book
- · Copying my iPod playlist
- · Watch kids’ tv (I LOVE the Total Drama * Series :D and it happened to be on as a mini marathon as I was eating lunch)
What did I struggle with today?
After lunch (satay chicken stir-fry with brown rice and steamed Asian greens) I realised I really really wanted something sweet. A Biscuity kind of sweet, not chocolate in particular, but something cool, and crunchy. I tried drinking some water sweetened with herbal tea, but that wasn’t enough. I tried some grapes and watermelon but it wasn’t hitting the spot. I just really wanted something sweet. A custardy fruit tart would have been swell.
I tried self-talk to determine why I wanted something sweet, but nothing seemed right. I wasn’t bored, upset or hungry. I think it was a procrastination thing? As in, I had the washing to put away, and I needed to sort out the living room. But by eating, it meant that I could put that off for a little longer. Even more so if I decided to get adventurous and make something, rather than just open a packet.
I REALLY really wanted a biscuit.
I didn’t eat anything though, because it didn’t fit my daily calories and I wasn’t going to kid myself into thinking, “oh go-on, eat it and you can exercise for it later”.
What’s on the plan for tomorrow?
- · Pre-log tomorrow’s meals.
- · Set alarm to get up for a walk
- · Get out of the house for some Xmas shopping
- · Finish copying the iPod playlist (it’s stopped responding to iTunes. I tried re-installing iTunes, but it looks like I will need to wipe the iPod. Oh noes!)