On top of which, I also wanted somewhere to document my attempt to get fitter and lose weight. Right now, I'm about 20-25 kilos over weight, which makes me unhappy. I don't fit into clothes properly. (Or doorways or in my car for that matter). I don't have the energy to do all the things I used to enjoyr doing - like going out dancing. Now I just sit on the couch and brood about how overweight I am.
But I'mma gonna change that! (I hope!)
1. Eat better.
- By this I mean not eating when I'm bored.
- When I do feel I want to eat something, but I don't know what, I need to remind myself to go for vegetables and fruit and dry crackers and healthier things than I have been eating. (Namely chips and microwave pasta 'n' sauce packs).
- Choose to eat smaller but more often? I dunno if this will help
- Think about what I'm going to cook for the week and plan to shop for those things
- Not bring chips and other savoury goods into the house. If they're not there, I can't eat them, can I?
I don't exercise very much either, so I want to increase the amount of exercise I do. I used to be slender enough that friends of friends used to ask if I was a dancer. Alas, they ask that no more...
- Walk for 1/2hr at least three times a week. This is valid for starting out right? I want to eventually increase it to 45min x 5 times a week.
- Find a space in which to do some exercise videos. I live in a tiny 1 bdr flat, so I haven't really the room to do it at home.
- Commit to actually getting out and moving! As I just mentioned, I don't have room to exercise at home - I barely have room to even do push-ups and sit-ups. I have to move the desk chair out of the way and lay down just right. So I need to get out of the house to move and exercise.
- Go for a bike ride on the weekend. You know, just to mix it up a little! :)
- I don't have much money so I'm not going to try a gym just yet. Besides which the gym in my area isn't open on weekends (when I would have more time to exercise) nor is it open late on weekdays (shuts by 7.30). The times they are open there's a lot of people there, and I'm too self-conscious at this stage to want to exercise in front of people I know.
P.S. Look! A cartoon to motivate !