Thursday 5 April 2012

I couldn't think of a better blog title...

I want to share the funny stuff I see, and occasionally say, and wanted somewhere to do it. So here it is!

On top of which, I also wanted somewhere to document my attempt to get fitter and lose weight.  Right now, I'm about 20-25 kilos over weight, which makes me unhappy.  I don't fit into clothes properly.  (Or doorways or in my car for that matter).  I don't have the energy to do all the things I used to enjoyr doing - like going out dancing.  Now I just sit on the couch and brood about how overweight I am.

But I'mma gonna change that! (I hope!) 

Resolutions:
 1.  Eat better.
  • By this I mean not eating when I'm bored.
  • When I do feel I want to eat something, but I don't know what, I need to remind myself to go for vegetables and fruit and dry crackers and healthier things than I have been eating. (Namely chips and microwave pasta 'n' sauce packs).
  • Choose to eat smaller but more often?  I dunno if this will help
  • Think about what I'm going to cook for the week and plan to shop for those things
  • Not bring chips and other savoury goods into the house.  If they're not there, I can't eat them, can I?
 2.  Move more.
I don't exercise very much either, so I want to increase the amount of exercise I do.  I used to be slender enough that friends of friends used to ask if I was a dancer.  Alas, they ask that no more...
  • Walk for 1/2hr at least three times a week.  This is valid for starting out right?  I want to eventually increase it to 45min x 5 times a week.  
  • Find a space in which to do some exercise videos.  I live in a tiny 1 bdr flat, so I haven't really the room to do it at home.
  • Commit to actually getting out and moving!  As I just mentioned, I don't have room to exercise at home - I barely have room to even do push-ups and sit-ups.  I have to move the desk chair out of the way and lay down just right.  So I need to get out of the house to move and exercise.
  • Go for a bike ride on the weekend.  You know, just to mix it up a little! :)
  • I don't have much money so I'm not going to try a gym just yet.  Besides which the gym in my area isn't open on weekends (when I would have more time to exercise) nor is it open late on weekdays (shuts by 7.30).  The times they are open there's a lot of people there, and I'm too self-conscious at this stage to want to exercise in front of people I know.  
What do you think?  Acheivable or too much at once?  Help me out and comment if you read this! :)

P.S.  Look! A cartoon to motivate !

No comments:

Post a Comment