Wednesday 11 April 2012

And 1 Week down....

I started the week and this blog feeling confident that I could do this.  That I had what it takes to lose the 27 kilos I want to lose. I wrote a food diary most days - even trying to calculate the calories I've eaten. I wrote down when I exercised.  I thought about ways to increase my exercise.  Tried to implement some of those ways.

Monday night while watching telly I decided I would do one of the exercises I learnt at Pilates last week during the commercial break.  Then I decided I would do a different exercise each commercial break and use the time length of the commercial break to be the length of my 'set'.  In a half hour program I got three different exercises in.  So I feel good about that.  I hope that I can continue to do this. 

I also had the urge to go for a run.  Despite the fact that I hate running.   And it was 11 o'clock at night. And I have poor knee joints at the moment thanks to being overweight.  But I really wanted to go for a run.  I haven't gone, but the thought? Urge? To go running is still there.  Maybe that's still a good step forward?  It means that I am thinking about ways in which I'm going to be able to achieve this.

To sum up, I have kept a food diary and exercised three times.  3 Pilates classes and the walk on Sunday.  

RESULTS!
Well at the end of this week, this how the results look. 

Now, I don't know whether this is wishful thinking on my part, or if my scales are a bit off, but it appears I am 96 kilos.  I've lost a kilo! Yay!

Summary:
Weight
96 kg
Waist
90 cm
Hips
114 cm
Bust
108 cm
Thighs
116 cm
Thigh (R)
71 cm
Belly
119 cm
Upper Arm (L)
37 cm
Neck
35 cm

Now, seeing that I didn't take my measurements, other than my weight last week, I'll take these as my base measurements for size.  I don't know if I'll remember to measure myself every week, but I'll do my best.  

At the very least, I need to find a day of the week when I can weigh myself at the same time each week.  Recommendations?  First thing in the morning?  Before dinner?  Before bed?  This week and last week I weighed myself before lunch, but I won't have the luxury of doing that after this week.   I think at ths point, I'll try and do it before dinner Monday evenings.  It's worth a shot.

-SunnyDuckling

No comments:

Post a Comment